DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2962 to 2962 concurrent Wireguard and IPSec tunnels - wireguard issue

  • neil201
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
18 Sep 2026 00:09 #106947 by neil201
I've got two 2962's, the primary unit with two outbound L2L VPNs, one IPSec which connects one outbound to inbound subnet on the other 2962 and an identical one using Wireguard, again this connects to a different subnet on each respective Router.

I'm having issues with the Wireguard tunnel such that if either unit looses it's WAN connection or reboots then up on reestablishing the Wireguard L2L seems to oddly try to show a connection at the inbound end but not the outbound and won't connect properly to pass traffic - the L2L connects and routes fine every time. These both use separate WANs on the outbound Router and are locked to those respective WANs. After a bit of redial forcing and deliberately dropping the IPSec tunnel the Wireguard tunnel seems to establish and will stay connected for as long as both routers are stable. Both Routers are happy with two tunnels connected and pass traffic.

Googling this issue brings back info regarding issues whereby one 2962 might be trying to establish it's Wireguard routing via the IPSec L2L (as a single WAN IP for both units identical at the inbound end). I've tried numerous things including changing the Wireguard listening port and adding Routing policies however before I formally email Draytek support wanted to run this past people here as to what might be going on.

Do I ideally need both VPNs to dial out to different WAN IPs at the inbound end to avoid IPSec routing conflicts? Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Admin3, Christopher