DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP 905 LAN(s)

More
28 Sep 2026 20:10 #107005 by UKenGB
AP 905 LAN(s) was created by UKenGB
In the VigorAP 905 Configuration/LAN, there is the 'LAN Networks' tab. Which implies possibly multiple LANs. However there is apparently no option to add another LAN. So is there only one possible LAN?

In VLAN setup, you must select the LAN to which the VLAN applies. If the AP 905 only supports a single LAN, why is there the requirement to choose the LAN in VLAN configuration? Makes no sense if there can only be one.

I'm not complaining that I need multiple LANs, but just trying to figure out what's what with this AP. 

Can anyone clarify this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2026 08:25 #107009 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic AP 905 LAN(s)
I queried this with Support when I got my first AP905, as I use several VLANS. They said that it was a feature that might be incorporated in a future firmware. As it is, the tagged VLANS all work fine even though they are all apparently assigned to LAN1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2026 11:39 #107013 by UKenGB
Replied by UKenGB on topic AP 905 LAN(s)
Thanks for that. I suspected multiple LANs were not in fact possible, but the interface rather suggests they are, so good to have it confirmed.

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Admin3, Christopher